Research Scientist Job Description
Company: FesariusTherapeutics Inc.
FesariusTherapeutics has developed DermiSphere™, a dermal regeneration scaffold indicated for full thickness skin loss. Early pre-clinical data testing DermiSphere against market leading competitors indicates game-changing advances in efficacy in the treatment of full thickness skin loss wounds. Current plans include application for FDA 510K clearance sometime around Q2 2021.
The company is well funded through its conclusion of the 510K application process in 2021 and expects to successfully to raise necessary capital assuming continued scientific and regulatory progress beyond the 510K milestone.
The company was co-founded by Dr. Jason Spector, Director and Scientific Advisor, a full time plastic and reconstructive surgeon at Weill Cornell and founder of the Laboratory for Bioregenerative Surgery and Medicine at Weill Cornell, where he invented the patented technology that underlies DermiSphere, and Brett Spector, Director and CEO, who has a 25-year entrepreneurial career starting and growing companies, with the most recent 20 years co-founding three hedge fundst24 Capital LP, which he currently runs with a partner.
This is a newly created position reflecting the growth and opportunities facing the company. You will report to the Chief Scientific Officer (“CSO”) and will play a material role in the R&D activities of the company. Compensation will be competitive including equity participation for the right candidate.
- Apply principles and methods from polymer science, protein chemistry, cell culture and small and large animal work towards product formulation and performance evaluation.
- Independently design, conduct, troubleshoot and analyze experiments.
- Communicate results, conclusions and recommendations to colleagues and leadership.
- Acquire and maintain relevant technical expertise in relevant fields: polymer science, protein chemistry, and biomaterials.
- Mentor other team members and work closely with other researchers in the group.
- Develop original ideas to advance the execution of the company’s research and development objectives (we are looking for someone who can execute the R&D plans developed by the company as well as provide original thinking to shape the ongoing formulation of those plans)
The right candidate will possess some or all of the following academic credentials, skills and experience:
- PhD in Materials Science and Engineering or Polymer Science, with at least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- Strong background in polymer materials, polymer physics, morphology and rheology
- The candidates should have a thorough understanding of structure/property relationships
- Independent experimental design capability and manuscript preparation and have previously published high impact papers as first author.
- Strong expertise in fabrication and testing of hydrogels and/or protein-based materials.
- Capability to develop custom assays.
- Experience with CAD modeling software (e.g. SolidWorks) and 3D printing methods.
- Ability to mentor researchers and lead a research project independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Goal oriented, motivated, and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and develop expert proficiency in new skills and applications relevant to your role as directed by the CSO
Job Type: Full-time
send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org